RENNtech HHT (hand held tuner) allows you the unlimited ability to switch between tuned and stock ECU programming and requires no ECU removal!
Our proprietary tuning module stores both the RENNtech tuned file and your vehicles stock file. The module plugs directly into the OBD2 port and delivers the file you choose directly to the ECU. Programming takes only a few minutes and the vehicle can be reflashed at any time as many times as you wish.
RENNtech has been at the forefront of ECU tuning since electronic engine management started to show up in vehicles during the mid 1980s! Our experience, countless hours of in-house research, development and exhaustive testing ensure that our proprietary ECU upgrade offers incredible performance gains and rock solid daily driver reliability.
RENNtech tuning software for Mercedes offers significant gains in horsepower and torque across the vehicle's entire power band. By modifying ignition timing and throttle mapping, optimizing air-to-fuel ratios, increasing the engine's rev limiter and modifying boost mapping for turbo-charged vehicles, RENNtech performance software unleashes the true potential of your Mercedes.
With the proprietary RENNtech ECU Tuning the X290 - GT 63 AMG S 4-Door Coupe gains up to +102 HP and +62LB-FT, based on power numbers measured by RENNtech. Please note that the Mercedes M177 engine performance when measured, obtains higher numbers than rated from factory. The maximum power number reached with the RENNtech ECU Upgrade for the GT 63 AMG S 4-Door Coupe is 783 HP and 798 LB-FT.
- We have found the M177 engine stock performance numbers vary from the baseline figures claimed by Mercedes-Benz. We typically see higher baseline numbers than claimed by the factory.
- Power gains are calculated based on stock numbers measured by RENNtech. Crank Performance Numbers are calculated with a 14% Drivetrain loss on 4MATIC+ vehicles.
- Numbers published by MBUSA are an average over a 1,000rpm range for HP and a 2,000rpm range for TQ. Power gains are calculated based on the peak stock performance measured by RENNtech.
- Our numbers will be dependent on conditions and fuel quality. 93+ Octane gasoline is mandatory with this Performance Upgrade.
- States known for poor fuel quality have to be supplied with a lower power setup. Please call for details and Race fuel options +1-561-845-7888.
Performance Numbers Overview
GT 63 S AMG S 4-Door Coupe (MY2019+ | X290 | M177 | 4.0L V8 BiTurbo) Stock Performance (at crank):
GT 63 S AMG S 4-Door Coupe (MY2019+ | X290 | M177 | 4.0L V8 BiTurbo) Modified Performance (at crank):
For detailed explanation on crank HP, wheel HP, drivetrain loss, etc. please click here.
Dyno-Graph for Performance measured at the wheels: