By replacing the car's four standard springs with re-engineered, different-rate and slightly shorter Sport Springs, the vehicle's centre of gravity is lowered, reducing body roll for better handling whilst maintaining the ride quality and comfort. No other changes are needed, it's as simple as that.
As the standard-fit dampers (including ACC units) are of a much more sophisticated design today than on previous generations of cars, the upgraded RacingLine Performance Sport Spring kit delivers a surprisingly worthwhile improvement, subtly stiffening and lowering the car.
KEY TECH SPECS:
- ACC COMPATIBLE: The Racingline Sport Springs are developed to be fully compatible with cars fitted with VAG's switchable ACC (Adjustable Chassis Control) dampers.
- ADVANCED CONSTRUCTION: The Racingline Sport Springs are a progressive rate spring with a barrel-type shape so the end coils taper in. This allows Racingline to preserve the ride quality in normal use, but stiffen the effective spring rates at the ends of the travel when cornering or braking hard.
- THE PERFECT DROP: Racingline has chosen to lower the sports models such as the Audi S3 by 20-30 mm in order to preserve the wheel travel needed to maintain the usability of the standard car.
- FULL RANGE: Available for all Audi 8Y S3 model variants.
- Racingline Performance Sport Springs recommended for all but the most demanding use.
- Go lower or stiffer as some popular brands of lowering springs do, and the car will bounce and crash its way along the road as the dampers are mismatched to spring-rate, and the springs themselves run out of travel.
- Racingline's carefully-developed spring construction means that the spring rate in the middle of its travel is very similar to standard. It's only towards the end of the spring's travel (so, when braking or cornering hard) that they have engineered the spring to stiffen up.
- One of the regular comments from RacingLine Performance Sport Spring owners is how impressed they are with the ride quality with the springs fitted.
- Many experts consider suspension development to be as much an art as a science. In truth, it's a bit of both. What is certain is that an 'off the shelf' spring set that some companies offer is not going to be optimised for any particular car.
- For the Racingline Performance Audi S3 Sport Springs Kit, Racingline put extensive development into determining the perfect specifications for this particular model and its variants.
- No fewer than 23 different spring combinations were trialled in their development process to ensure the perfect set up for this model
- 2022+ Audi 8Y S3 2.0T
- 2017+ Audi 8V RS3 2.5 (NO DCC)
Please note! Image being used is for description only, and may not be the exact item being sold.