- ABE and FIA homologation*/** FIA homologation 8855-1999 only in conjunction with the specified sidemount.
- Suitable for track and road
- Carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) seat shell
- Embroidered RECARO logo
- Sporty seat performance
- Sleek racing seat look
- Special lateral support
- Specially formed shoulder support
- Integrated headrest
- Visible seat structures
- Road use: with 3- or 4-point belt
- FIA: with 4-, 5- or 6-point belt
- Developed for the use of HANS systems
- Lightest seat in its class: category retrofit seats with road approval and FIA approval. RECARO Podium L: approx. 5.9 kg RECARO Podium M: approx. 6.1 kg
The new RECARO Podium is much more than a thoroughbred CFRP shell seat. It's a pioneering seat design for the contrasting demands of road and track. It's not just its sleek outline, visible structures or motorsport-inspired pads in varying thicknesses that make heads turn. The Podium stands out because of its superior quality and exceptional performance on all road types - for driving day-to-day and at the limit. The RECARO Podium is the only retrofit shell seat on the market that is approved for use on public roads and has FIA homologation. Racing technology doesn't get better than this!
It's not just the Podium's sleek outline, visible structures or motorsport-inspired pads in varying sizes that make heads turn. It stands out because of its superior quality and exceptional performance on all road types. To meet our consistently high standards of innovation, quality, comfort and, most importantly, safety, the RECARO Podium is made of extremely resilient carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP).
The RECARO Podium fits like a glove. And it feels like sitting IN the seat and not ON it. This is what all RECARO models have in common. We call it Body Support.
With a RECARO Podium, where man meets machine, the road becomes a playground that gives the driver instant feedback, all the way. It boasts a low center of gravity, firm, compact upholstery, and the necessary freedom of movement for the arms. Its snug, supportive structure and side bolsters for excellent shoulder and torso support stabilize the body against lateral forces, cocooning it like a second skin. The RECARO Podium went through intensive testing on the Nurburgring's "Green Hell" during development. The result: controlled cornering - even at the extremes. And a "calculated thrill" of being faster - by design. Feel the difference!
Experience RECARO Body Support:
- Instant feedback
- Firm upholstery with a range of pad kits
- Excellent torso and shoulder support
- Stability against lateral forces